Thursday, May 14, 2015

About That Overtime!

           FRIDAY, MAY 15TH.


       ABOUT THAT OVERTIME!
    Initially, when I heard the machine gun,
I thought I might be suffering from Post
Traumatic Stress Syndrome. The sound of
blast that followed tended to confirm my
suspicion.
   But then I remembered. I had never been
in combat!
   Perhaps too many war movies?
   No. This was no illusion that awoke me
during the dark of the night the other day.
   And it wasn't the enemy closing in on
my sleep.
   It was Penndot! Or, at least, contractors
working for the State Department of
Transportation.
   That "machine gun" was, apparently, a
jack hammer cutting away part of the rock
wall supporting a bridge on Interstate 81
that crosses the road leading to my house.
   The "blast?" Well who knows?
   I am very much in favor of Penndot's
efforts to improve our area's roads and
bridges. Lord knows there's a lot of
fixing needed.
   That said, the idea of working around
the clock in the neighborhood of a
neighborhood poses some serious
questions about noise pollution "after
hours." I'd shout out about it. But they'd
never hear me!
    I don't think I'd mind as much if they
were patching potholes after midnight.
I don't think they'd use jack hammers
on those. Unless, of course, they were
making new ones.
    Hope this project is over quickly and
that all your NEWS is good!





   



   

No comments:

Post a Comment