Saturday, May 2, 2015

Launching The Yacht!


    SUNDAY, MAY 3RD.

   Anchors aweigh! Damn the
torpedoes,  Full speed ahead!
I sail again!
   Two days ago my wife and
I took a drive and found
ourselves in the Francis Slocum
State Park.
    As we drove by the lake my
wife noticed a number of boats
chained along the shoreline. It
was obvious they were private
vessels, not rental.
    So we stopped at the office
and learned that the state rents
spots along the lake throughout
the season. Since the rates weren't
bad and my boat has been just
sitting around, unused for months,
we decided to make the investment.
It was, she said, my anniversary
present.
   Yesterday, some good friends
towed by yacht to lakeside and I
saw it into the water! Afloat again!
   Since I hadn't sailed in awhile
I allowed two of my grandkids to
make sure there were no leaks by
allowing them to take the first
cruise.
   Perhaps I should mention the
fact my "yacht" is an 8-foot Jon
Boat! I call it "Jon Buoy."
   I took the important job of
putting the worms on the hooks
so the fishing rods would be
ready if....I mean...when the boat
returned to "port."
   No leaks. It didn't sink! We're
all set!
   Hope we catch the big one this
season and that all your NEWS
is good!





     

No comments:

Post a Comment