Monday, May 18, 2015

My "New' Career!

        TUESDAY, MAY 19TH

         MY NEW CAREER!
   I have edited the profile on my
Facebook page. I added the word
"Actor."
   I was prompted by the premier of
the movie "All In Time" in which I
have a very small part.
   There are some really great actors
in the movie so, at first, I wasn't
sure I'd fit in.
   Then I realized....I've been acting
most of my life!
   One of my best roles came during
my school years when I could come
up with a contorted face and
impressive groan in a moment's
notice when I suddenly realized I
might be facing a test for which I
was totally unprepared!
   It's a challenging part! You've
got to display pain and discomfort
just short of that which would have
your parents carting you off to a
doctor's office!
   Then there was the "Innocent
role" Also know as the ...."It wasn't
me routine".... needed on very short
notice after you actually did do
something wrong. You could say
I was typecast for that one!
    A poor performance might, back
in those days, result in a
rough ending. Literally.
     Years later that acting technique
would come to mind when the
flashing red lights of a police
cruiser showed up in your rear
view mirror.
      "Sad" often proved challenging.
Especially when that boss you really
didn't care for announced he was
moving somewhere else.
      You'll got to seem sincere when
you say "We're really going to miss
you."
      Kids don't realize how a dose of
"Macbeth" can come in handy as
life goes on!
     Now that I've finally made it
to "the big screen" I'm so glad
I had all those years of rehearsal!
     Hope you make it a point to see
"All In Time" when it comes around,
and that all your NEWS is good!
   (No! I really mean it!)





    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment