Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Down The Drain!


       WEDNESDAY, MAY 6TH

          DOWN THE DRAIN!

   "Down the drain." It's a figure of
speech we use to describe something
wasted.
   You're not suppose to throw money
down the drain! You're not suppose to
throw your time down the drain.
    We did both!
    You see water IS suppose to go down
the drain. But ours, in the kitchen sink,
wasn't. The sink would fill up when you
turned on the water. But then it generally
stayed filled for at least an hour.
     My wife took matters into her own
hands realizing, of course, that my
involvement probably would have
resulted in a fully flooded kitchen.
     She invested in a product that calls
itself "Liquid Plumber."
     Basically you pour this stuff into
your clogged drain, let it sit for an hour
or so, then run your hot water which,
if you follow the instructions, should
go down the drain.
    At first there was some slight
improvement. But all too soon the
problem showed up again. As did a
second container of Liquid Plumber.
    There were three attempts in all.
 None resolved the problem which, to
my wife, was the need to have the
water running freely. I felt her pain.
    I was rapidly running out of clean
bowls with which to fill my ice cream.
    That's why I agreed to help her
try a strange wire device known as a
snake in an attempt to break through
whatever barrier was impeding the
flow of water down the drain.
    It didn't work. We finally raised
a white flag, the drain below the
washing machine is working fine, and
called some kind of a drain expert in.
    He was a real guy, not a liquid, and
he had his own snake. But his is
electric!
     If I would have know I would have
tried to plug ours in somewhere!
    Anyhow the sink is draining again!
    Hope Liquid Plumber makes good
on its "guarantee" and that all your
NEWS is good!




         
    

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your drain busting experience. I've had similar problems with one of the showers at home (I blame my wife's extra thick and long hair - a problem I don't sadly have) I have tried numerous miracle cures, Drain Doctors, Plug Professionals, and usually end up using an old fashioned plunger - I've never tried a snake though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story sounds very similar to my own. When my kitchen sink became blocked, I too, took matters into my own hands and tried to unblock it. But I just made matters worse. When I called out the local plumber, he quickly fixed the problem at a low price. I'll be using them again in the future for any emergencies.

    ReplyDelete