Tuesday, May 12, 2015

And What Do You Think He Saw?


        WEDNESDAY, MAY 13TH.

   AND WHAT DO YOU THING HE SAW!

    We haven't been feeding our neighborhood
birds lately. It's not that we don't want to. We
can't!
    Over the past three weeks we found two of
our feeders shattered on the ground.
    Vandalism was, of course, a possibility.
    But why just the bird feeders?
    Now it's more likely our new neighbor is
the responsible party.
    I'm not referring to the guy moving in
across the street.
    It's the big four legged creature we
spotted just 30 yards away near the woods
the other day.
   It's a bear!
   He had apparently come over the
mountain recently and what do you thing
he saw? Yep! Our bird feeders!
   I got a quick snapshot of about half of
him along a trail just across the way. He
seems to be kind of large.
   I took my camera to the center of our
street to see if I might capture a better
shot. My wife reminded me I had come
out without shoes and the chances of me
outrunning a bear, even in sneakers, were
slim to none!
   The garbage goes out tonight so I'm
thinking we may see this bruin again
very soon. Since I take the garbage out
I'm hoping it won't be too soon!
    Maybe it's just Smokey reminding
us the woods are pretty dry.
     Hope none of us are in for a Bear
hug and that all your NEWS is good!



  









No comments:

Post a Comment