Sunday, May 17, 2015

Still At The Office!

          MONDAY, MAY 18TH

         STILL AT THE OFFICE!

    It's been two years since the final chapter
of "The Office" aired on NBC.
    I'm still watching the reruns. And they're
still bringing back memories of some of the
crazy characters I've worked with during on
on going broadcasting career. 
    I remember one boss way back in my early
radio days who walked in shortly after taking
the job and told me I was being moved to
mornings where he and I would be doing a
two-man comedy show!
    We became "Chet & Dave" and the program
was called "Sundial."
    I would watch him drive up in his topless
Austin Healey sports car every morning. He
either had no top or it didn't come up any more.
   Then he'd get out his quart of milk, needed
for his ulcer, come up to the studio and we'd
do the nuttiest things we could think of!
    I worked with an engineer who operated
under the assumption every piece of equipment
in the place, including the "News Car,"
belonged to him! He'd get like Dwight if you
wanted to use it for things like, well, gathering
news!
   Then there was the book keeper who practically
made you sign if you needed a new pencil!
    Those are just a few examples. I could describe
a lot more. But there's that thing about "protecting
the innocent!"
     I was glad to see the old episodes of The Office
running here are there on various channels.
     As long as they're running people will be reminded
there's a town called Scranton.
    I think that's a good thing.
    Now, back to work sorting all these paper products!
    Hope all your parties are like Scranton parties and
that all your NEWS is good!






















































 

No comments:

Post a Comment