Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Hundred Dollar Hot Dog!

         THURSDAY, MAY 14TH

    THE HUNDRED DOLLAR HOT DOG

     When we sold our camper last year we
salvaged a grill from our campsite and
brought it home.
     Yesterday my wife decided it was a
good day to rehabilitate the unit. That
required an extensive cleaning and some
fresh tanks of propane.
     I was assigned to fetch the gas.
     As nice as they may look, propane
tanks in the state of Pennsylvania cannot
be refilled if they are over ten years old.
     Had I know that in advance I would
have filled our two 2004 tanks last year!
     Turned away from the local U-Haul
Shop I exchanged the old tanks for two
newer ones that may give me a little
more grilling time.
     As my wife continued her scrubbing
efforts I installed and checked one of the
new tanks. Nothing blew up so I figured
I did it right. But that's when I noticed our
Lava rocks looked pretty worn!.
     I headed to our nearby dependable
Walmart that proved not so dependable!
Seems they no longer carry Lava rocks.
The clerk told me the new grills don't use
them.
     But my grill isn't new. It still uses
 Lava rocks so I needed some!
     Home Depot had a small supply. But
it's almost like they were hiding them.
It took me about 15 minutes and three strolls
through the "Grill Accessary Section" to find
them.
    Had I know it was going to be that
hard I would have brought some real ones
back with me from Hawaii! They're all
over the place there!
    According to my calculations the
new gas tanks, Lava rocks, and the
gasoline used getting them, added on
to the man (or in this case Woman) hours
of cleaning, will make the first Hot Dog
grilled worth at least one hundred dollars!
    Hope we don't have to buy Mustard...
and that all your NEWS is good!





     

No comments:

Post a Comment