Saturday, May 30, 2015

Reaching The Boiling Point!

       SUNDAY, MAY 31ST

REACHING THE BOILING POINT!

   It happened yesterday!
   I finally reached the boiling point!
   What? Oh no. I wasn't mad.
   My wife and I decided to enjoy the
sunny skies my taking a ride in the
Miata. We went back to Hawaii.
    Well, not exactly "to Hawaii."
    We drove to Tunkhannock
where we took in the movie "Aloha"
which was filmed in Hawaii.
     We were headed back when I
looked at the temperature gauge and,
taking a cue from Goldilocks, said
"This engine is running too hot."
     Of course Goldilocks didn't have a
car. She was talking about porridge!
Apparently my engine was hot enough
to cook some of the stuff!
     We pulled over and added some
water to the overflow tank.
     That worked for about 10 miles.
At that point my heat gauge had
peaked (and probably wanted to
start around again!)
     So it was. We'd drive about 10
miles, stop, wait a bit, then add some'
water. On my next to last stop,
however, the overflow tank looked
and sounded like a volcano. We
waited a little longer that time!
      Eventually we nursed the car
home where it is now safely parked
and waiting for a radiator flush or
whatever the do to make sure porridge,
or my car, is cooking at the proper
temperature!
      Hope it's fixed in time to visit the
three bears, and that all your NEWS
is good!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment