Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Casting Call

        WEDNESDAY, MAY 20TH

            CASTING CALL!

     It's amazing!
     On Monday I added the description
"Actor" to my Facebook profile.
     Yesterday I was asked to play another
part!
     A friend of mine is producing a short
film based on books she's written about
the sinking of the Andrea Doria.
     For you kids out there, the Andrea
Doria was a passenger ocean liner that
was rammed by the vessel Stockholm
during a foggy night on the Atlantic
in July of 1956. 52 people lost their
lives!
     But Pierette Simpson's movie is
about the heroic efforts that lead to
the survival of 1660 passengers and
crew members.
    She knows what she's talking about!
She and her grand parents were among
those survivors!
    Unfortunately the scenes she's envisioned
for me are to be filmed in Detroit in mid
June. Much as I'd like to be a part of her
production my family and I will be in
New Jersey for our annual vacation!
    It's a non-paying part so, in that respect,
it's just like the television work I'm doing
now.
    It would have been quite a challenge.
    She had wanted me to play journalist!
    Talk about being type cast!
    Heck I've still got clothes that fit the time
 period! In fact, I still wear them!
    I would have loved to stick a "PRESS"
sign in the brim of my hat or run after
survivors with a Kodak camera.
    I suppose Brad Pitt has turned down
some roles too!
    Hope he doesn't take any of mine, and
that all your NEWS is good.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment