Monday, May 25, 2015

Hot Dog!


          TUESDAY, MAY 26TH

                HOT DOG!
    Some of the family gathered in our
yard for a Memorial Day picnic
Monday.
     My wife decided it would be a good
day to fire up that grill we reconditioned
a week or so ago.
     I volunteered to do the cooking. I
can't say I remember volunteering.
But I did find myself at the grill
tending to the hot dogs and hamburgers.
     In honor of the day I wore my old
"News Alliance" T shirt which sports
a flag on the front and back and my
western hat which offers protection
from the sun.
     Only problem is, the shirt is dark
blue and the hat is black! They don't
reflect the heat. They absorb it!
     The air temperature hovered in
the mid to high 80's. The gas grill
must have been kicking out close
to 650 degrees!
     I knew I was getting pretty hot.
But I didn't start worrying until I
saw that large bird circling overhead!
     Had I overcooked those Ballpark
Franks? No. I didn't think so! I've seen
enough desert movies to know what
it meant! That vulture, or whatever
it was, was waiting for me to keel over.
     I was the likely target since I
had already served all the burgers
and dogs.
     Not wishing to be served up
myself I adjourned to the Living
room and turned the air conditioner
on full blast.
     Hope the bird isn't waiting around
for dessert, and that all your NEWS
is good!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment