Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Grand Night For Grand Daughters!

      FRIDAY, MAY 29TH

GRAND NIGHT FOR GRAND DAUGHTERS!

   Two of my grand daughters were in
the spot light last night!
    One celebrated her graduation from
8th grade while another took the stage
at a National Junior Honor Society
Induction ceremony!
     Both ceremonies, of course, were
held at the same time in two different
places. It's hard to split a grand parent
in half!
     We opted to attend the graduation
since our Honor Society representative
will be having one of those herself in
just a week. And we will make that.
      Not wishing to miss anything,
however, I gave my grandson a quick
lesson in videography and sent a
camcorder along with him to the
Honor Society festivities.
      My daughters are usually ready
for anything. Our graduate's mom.
for instance, brought along a basket
full of small tissue packages so she
and all the other mom's could contain
their tears,
      I don't yet know if my other
daughter was ready for her daughter's
speech. In it my grand daughter
picked her mom as her hero! I wonder
if they should have shared those tissues?
      Both young ladies also walked
away from their evening with some
impressive awards.
      Jenna, our graduate, was the class
Valedictorian and took home several
other honors as well.
      Kara, our National Junior Honor
Society representative, received the
Kimberly Biggs-Keil Memorial Award
for exemplary community service!
      Those who are familiar with my
academic abilities are now doing an
ancestry search to find out if these
young ladies are truly related to me!
      Maybe genius skipped my
generation?
      Hope these kids keep up the great
work, and that all your NEWS is good!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment