Sunday, March 12, 2017

NAP TIME!


   MONDAY, MARCH 13TH., 2017
                 NAP TIME!

   March 13th., for those of you who
don't keep track of unusual "holidays",
is "National Napping Day."
    It's always observed on the Monday
after Daylight Savings Time goes into
effect. A reason, or excuse, to allow
us to make up for the hour we've just
lost.
     Personally, I have been rehearsing
for this day for the past two months.
Research seems to support my
dedication.
      According to a Gallup Poll two out
of five Americans don't get the recommended
seven or more hours sleep a night.
      A NASA study found higher levels of
alertness in pilots after a 40 minute snooze,
compared to pilots who got no rest. That's
good as long as the snooze didn't take place
while the pilot was at the controls!
      Even just 20 minutes has been shown to
perk up shift workers according to Harvard
Men’s Health Watch.
      One very small study found that even
after just a 10-minute nap, study participants
reported feeling more alert.
      I can't attest to the validity of any of
these surveys since I've never really felt
the urge to do any kind of work after a nap.
      I just nap for the sake of napping.
      Hope I have time to get one in with my
little buddy this week and that all your NEWS
is good!

     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment