Saturday, June 18, 2016

BACK TO THE BOARDWALK

   SUNDAY, JUNE 19TH., 2016
 BACK TO THE BOARDWALK!

   We're back home after a great
family week in Wildwood, NJ.
    I spent a little time by myself
back on the boardwalk the night
before we left. I reflected on some
of the things that have changed
since I went there as a kid. And,
of course, some of the things that
never seem to change.
    There are constants, like the
warning that sounds when the
Tram car gets near and the
Frozen Custard stands that seem
to call out to me without any
warning at all!
     The Fudge and Gift shops
are still there too. But theses
days you're likely to find  them
flanked by Body piercing stands
and Tattoo parlors, permanent or
temporary. T shirt stands still
draw the teens. But the logos
keep changing to meet the
changing times.
      There used to be three
movie theaters on the boardwalk.
They're all gone now although
the marque of the Strand still
reminds me of days gone by
when popular movies brought
the crowds in...especially on
rainy days.
      The "charm" pretty much
remains the same and I really
look forward to spending a week
with the whole family under one
roof.
     All in all I'd say it was a great
week. If only motorists on the
Schuylkill Expressway offered
the same warnings as the Tram
cars!
     Hope you get to enjoy a
great vacation this summer and
that all your NEWS is good!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment