Thursday, August 25, 2016

GET YOUR DAILY PAPER!


     FRIDAY, AUGUST 26TH., 2016
      GET YOUR DAILY PAPER!

     (Editor's Note: I am Repeating this
blog from last year. It would be a crime
not to do so!)

     This is truly a day of celebration my
friends. It is a day that all of us in the
civilized world should be absorbing...I
mean....observing.
       Its "National Toilet Paper Day!
       I'm not sure why this particular
date was selected. But there are sure
a lot of reasons to celebrate.
        In the interest of full disclosure
my son-in-law works at the Cascade
factory which produces toilet paper
(and other paper products) made
entirely from recycled material! It's
a product that's always in demand!
And that's pretty good job security!
          Joseph Gayetty is widely
credited as having invented modern
toilet paper in the U.S. back in 1857.
According to the Toilet Paper
Encyclopedia, just in case you don't
have a copy, 49% of people choose
toilet paper as their number one
necessity if stranded on a deserted
island (ahead of food!). And 69%
agree that that toilet paper is the 20th
Century “convenience” most taken for
granted.
          I'm not sure I agree with the
masses. I tend to think I'd prefer food
over a roll of tissue paper if I was
stuck on a deserted island! Maybe
some food and an old Sears catalog!
          In any case, don't waste this
special day! Do your duty and celebrate!
Hope everything comes out all right
and that all your ....NEWS...is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment