Sunday, August 7, 2016

ON A WING (WATER WING) AND A PRAYER!


             MONDAY, AUGUST 8TH., 2016
ON A WING (WATER WING) AND A PRAYER!

    You don't need a building to have a church! Our
congregation sets out to prove that point one
Sunday each August when we move our services
from the comfort of our sanctuary in Mountaintop
to the beautiful natural surroundings of Moyer's
Grove Campground.
     After an informal worship service the grills
are fired up and the various treats supplied by
our church family are set out for a picnic lunch.
     An editorial note here. There is always a wide
variety of desserts. So many they can't always fit
on the dessert table and have to be placed at the
end of the regular food line where, I might add,
they aren't always noticed!
      I found my daughter's tray of home made fudge
in that spot, thus assuring me an adequate supply.
Some say they saw me carry the tray in from her
car. I don't remember!
      Along with assorted games, many spend the
day in the swimming pool. Most of my gang
went that way including my one-year-old
grandson. His mother had carefully attached
some sort of body float to make sure he wouldn't
founder. But as I watched I realized he was
more popular than any pool toy and was bounced
between his mom, his aunt, his grannie, several
cousins and their friend and...yes....even me.
      Truth be told he was as close to walking on
water as the man we came to celebrate!
       Hope you're as blessed so that all your
NEWS might be good!


      

 





No comments:

Post a Comment