Friday, May 5, 2017

DID YOU SEE THAT?


     SATURDAY, MAY 6TH., 2017
        DID YOU SEE THAT?

    I thought I knew my neighborhood
pretty well after 48 years!
    I've seen the occasional deer that pop
out of the woods. I've watched the
ground hog go through my yard looking
for his shadow or something to eat. I've
had a skunk (or two) take up temporary
residence under my house. And I've
watched chickens from a nearby home
walk along the berm of the road less
than a football field away.
     But on Friday I not only did a
double take, I actually turned around
and pulled out my camera when I
spotted a heard of goats walking, or
grazing, along a power line path near
my place.
     It's the kind of thing I'd expect to
see along mountain roads out west or
on the hillsides of Europe.
     There, almost hidden, was a
Sheppard watching the goats as
they ate and played.
      If there's a Goat Ranch nearby
it's news to me!
      Maybe PPL has come
up with a new way to keep its power
line roads cleared.
       Or maybe there's a new demand for
Goat's Milk!
       Hope they stay upwind. or is it downwind,
and that all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment