Wednesday, October 26, 2016

TELL ME A STORY!


   THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27TH., 2016
              TELL ME A STORY!

     Today I celebrate a "holiday" not of
our making! October 27th., is National
Tell A Story Day in England and Scotland.
      We've got a similar day here. But it's
six months from now and not nearly as
organized as the one across the pond.
Libraries there celebrate by reading or
telling stories to kids. Teachers and
parents are encouraged to do the same.
       I have always loved telling stories.
I've even written a few for kids.
       Of course, as my grandkids, will
attest, I some times take a few liberties
in the telling. They often object, for
instance, when I relate that Little Red
Riding Hood was in the little pig's
straw house when Humpty Dumpty,
and Jack and Jill rolled in breaking
down the wall while, next door, the
Big Bad Wolf was eating the baby
bear's porridge! I call it artistic
license. They usually just shake their
heads!
       But whether you've got the story
right or wrong......tell one. And do it
today.
      Hope the kids or grandkids enjoy
it and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment