Saturday, November 5, 2016

A TIME FOR ALL SEASONS!


   SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH., 2016
       A TIME FOR ALL SEASONS!

      It is written.....For everything there
is a season. But some seasons seem a
little longer than others!
      On Saturday my grandson's soccer
team played its final game. The boys
and girls that make up the Bear Creek
Bobcats have been together for some
five years. But this year was their
last.
      As grandparents we've made
nearly all of the games this season.
It's been a good one with only one
loss. Last week, in tournament play,
they beat the team that beat them!
      And on Saturday, in the
tournament final, they played that
same team to a tie after regulation
and overtime, then won a shoot
out, giving them the County Cup
Championship!
       It's been tough out there on
the field. And, occasionally, its
been tough on the sidelines! Last
week, for instance, I learned that
during heavy rain my umbrella
dumps its water runoff onto my
folding chair at the perfect angle
to drench my back!
       Of course I didn't make every
game. My grand daughter played
on her school team and I had to
get to some of those games too.
       Then there was the other
grand daughter who played
Volleyball.
        Several times all three
had games scheduled at the same
time!
        Now that these seasons have
ended my wife and I will get some
time off (for good behavior!). Oh,
wait a minute. My daughter's
exchange student just signed up
for basketball!
       Hope we get some new "stadium
seats" in time and that all your NEWS
is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment