Sunday, July 16, 2017

A DAY WE JUST CAN'T IGNOR!

   MONDAY, JULY 17TH., 2017
 A DAY WE JUST CAN'T IGNOR!

  Well it's finally come! Yellow Pig Day!
  It's observed every July 17th. Although,
for the life of me, I can't seem to find it
marked on any of our numerous calendars!
   According to holidayinsights.com. Yellow
Pig Day is a mathematician's holiday celebrating
yellow pigs and the number 17. What those
two thing have in common, if anything, is
totally beyond me!
    Anyway, the day has been celebrated annually
since the early 1960's, primarily on college
campuses, and primarily by mathematicians.
    My late brother was a mathematician. He
taught Math & Computer Science at Wilkes
University for years. But he never told me
about Yellow Pig Day!
    Maybe you have to be in some secret
mathematicians club?
    On campus, Yellow Pig Cake and Yellow
Pig Carols are tradition.
    You're also suppose to spend the day
thinking and working in multiples of 17.
    Ironically, even though I'm terrible in
math, the number 17 does mean something
to me. My Birthday is on September 17th
so, I'm two months away today.
    As far as a Yellow Pig is concerned, I've
never seen one and don't expect to!
    And whether I think about it 17 times or
not....none of this Yellow Pig Day adds up
to me!
    Hope you know a couple Yellow Pig
Carols...and that all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment