Friday, July 7, 2017

WE'LL KEEP THE LI!!GHTS ON FOR YOU!


        SATURDAY, JULY 8TH., 2017
WE'LL KEEP THE LIGHTS ON FOR YOU!

     Well I kept the light on our front porch on
for you until Thursday night.
      That's when I noticed that little bulb, with
the twisty glass that was suppose to help save
the world and last pretty near forever, had
burned out after about three years. Still not a
bad run.
      I actually noticed it going the other night
when it seemed to flicker with every cherry
bomb the neighbors were setting off. So, in a
sense, its demise was not unexpected.
      It had also grown dim. At least I think it
was dim. Some sort of residue, probably the
ashes of two or thee thousand moths covered
the glass fixture through which the light was
suppose to shine.
     In any case the bulb needed to be replaced.
     Imagine my surprise, and delight, when I
found light bulbs at the market just like I used
to buy! No twisted bulb! Just a regular good old
fashion light bulb! It was just like I remembered.
Except for the price! They've gone up a bit since
I last bought one at the Dollar Store, thinking
they were going to be banned forever.
      Anyhow, a few minutes with the screwdriver
and a wet cloth, to clean the glass, and I was in
business again.
      The porch is bright and, as usual, I'll be
keeping the lights on all night! Even if I don't
save the world!
      Hope the moths stay away and that all
your NEWS is good!
     






No comments:

Post a Comment