Sunday, July 9, 2017

BLUEBERRY BLUES!


    MONDAY, JULY 10TH., 2017
          BLUEBERRY BLUES!

      July 10th is National Blueberry
Picking Day!
      Over 90% of all blueberries are
grown in North America.  In 2012,
the U.S. harvested total: 564.4 million
pounds of cultivated and wild blueberries.
       But I have the Blueberry blues!
       Several years ago I bought a
blueberry plant for my wife. She planted
it in the backyard.
       We've enjoyed a fairly good crop
of the delicious berries every year since
then.
       But last year my wife decided the
bush was growing just a bit too much.
So she pruned it.
      Apparently it didn't work. I can't
find any prunes on the bush!
      I couldn't find a lot of blueberries
 either! In fact I only found one as I
checked the bush Sunday. And it was
green!
       Blueberry's medicinal benefits include
improved memory and brain health. So, as
my regular readers know, I could use a
big batch!
       Fortunately the Farmer's Markets
have started to open and we each have
vouchers that can be used at one of
those.
       Think I'll use mine to pick out some
blueberries. And, maybe, some prunes!
Hope your bush is filled with berries
and that all your NEWS is good.







  

No comments:

Post a Comment