Tuesday, July 12, 2016

HOURRA POUR FRITES FENCH!

    WEDNESDAY, JULY 13TH., 2016
    HOURRA POUR FRITES FENCH!

      I thought it appropriate to write
today's headline in French since, on
July 13th., we celebrate "National
French Fries Day!"
      Of course this celebration has
me a bit confused. If they're "French
fries" should this not be an international
observance?
      There there's the question as to
whether or not they are "French." Some
claim that fries originated in Belgium!
Some people believe that the term "French"
was introduced when British and American
soldiers arrived in Belgium during World
War I, and consequently tasted Belgian fries.
They supposedly called them "French", as
it was the local language.
       Adding to the confusion, I had some
served when I ordered Fish & Chips which,
as we all know, is basically an English dish!
       But I'm the last person to take sides on
this issue. For years I believed French
fries were invented by McDonalds!
       Where ever they came from I have
been a strong supporter of these fried
potato sticks for many years and I fully
intend to celebrate by enjoying some
today!
        Hope they're salted enough and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment