Friday, July 29, 2016

LOOK AHEAD!

  SATURDAY, JULY 30TH., 2016
            LOOK AHEAD!

       I had a tough time getting to
Walmart last evening.
       Penndot, which is repairing
every bridge on which Interstate
81 crosses anything (at least it
seems that way) is demolishing
a bridge over Route 315 near
the store.
       The detour was just being
set up as I approached. So I,
like a lot of other drivers, found
myself caught between a road
block and a traffic jam.
        Like a lot of those other
drivers I discovered the best
option was an old fashion U
turn to back track to my
destination.
        Had I thought of it in
advance I told have checked
one of the many traffic
cameras Penndot has set up
so you can look at your route,
or something close to it, before
you head out.
       I checked it out when I
got home. By that time it was
dark. But the cameras were
operating (at least several of
them were) so I could see that
section of Interstate 81 near
where I had just traveled.
        They even offer streaming
video. That seems like kind of a
waste because streaming video
allows you to see moving
traffic. The last traffic I saw
on Interstate 81 wasn't moving.
Still pictures would have served
to tell the story.
        Apparently, by the time
I checked, all was well again
because no traffic problems
were in sight, Maybe I should
have waited till dark.
        Next time I'll have to
remember to look ahead before
I go. Maybe I'll even wave to
the cameras while I'm sitting
in traffic, or passing by.
        Hope you got where you
were going and that all your
NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment