Thursday, April 20, 2017

KINDERGARTEN DAY!


     FRIDAY, APRIL 21ST., 2017
       KINDERGARTEN DAY!

     They say we never stop learning.
But now-a-days "formal education" begins
pretty darn quickly!
      Take Kindergarten. April 21st is
Kindergarten Day.
       I have 6 grandkids and 5 of them
graduated Kindergarten. The 6th isn't
quite old enough for that advanced
education yet. But he's in Day Care where
he already recognizes the ABC song!
      Kindergarten Day is celebrated in honor
of Friedrich Froebel. He was born on this
day in 1782. In 1837, he started the first
Kindergarten in Germany.
      I guess it didn't catch on everywhere
because they didn't have it at my
Elementary School in Hazleton until I
was already in 2nd or 3rd grade. Of course
by 3rd grade I already knew my ABC's.
Well most of them anyway!
     Today's the day to pull out those old
Kindergarten photographs and remember
those good old days before 1st grade.
      I spent most of mine playing in my
back yard!
      Hope you have fond memories
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment