Friday, April 28, 2017

MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS!


  SATURDAY, APRIL 29TH. 2017
MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS!

   I'm looking back on a lot of really
great memories on this April 29th.
48 years ago today my wife and I
were married!
   Since I only met her a little over
a year before we wed my memories
now include some 49 years.
    We, like all other couples, have
gone through some tough times.
Especially those years when, one
by one, we lost our parents.
     But life has been really good for
us! Three great kids and six wonderful
grandchildren. And we're especially
blessed because they all live close by.
Our time spent with all of them is,
perhaps, our greatest treasure,
     We've also been blessed with the
roles we picked up as Travel Hosts.
      After our wedding reception we
walked into the parking lot and I asked
my bride which way she'd like to go.
She pointed North so our Honeymoon
was planned day by day and we went
from place to place. The most  impressive
at the time was probably New York City,
       Over the last few years we've been
to British Columbia, San Francisco,
Halifax, Ireland, Hawaii, Scotland, Italy,
Switzerland, and several of our National
Parks including Mount Rushmore!
       Next we're off to Austria, with stops
in Germany, Switzerland, and Italy.
       Not bad for those old newlyweds
who just started out for places unknown.
       Our future is, of course, filled with
unknowns, As long as we're facing them
together I'll be OK.
        My wife has made these last 48
years the best of my life. Thank you
sweetheart and Happy Anniversary!
        May all your, and our, NEWS be
good!







No comments:

Post a Comment